🎨 Watercolor Week is June 5th-8th! LEARN MORE >>
Stop Making Mud
Our best-selling online class teaches you a simple-yet-powerful color mixing method that works for ALL mediums.
Learn Ashley’s simple, proven method for mixing bright OR muted colors based on the two sets of primaries. The course is only 90 minutes long, and in it you’ll discover:
- A NEW way to think of primary colors (Module 2)
- Ashley’s simple “Lean Toward” method for finally understanding warm vs. cool colors (Module 3)
- WHY you’ve been making “mud” (Module 4)
- How to keep colors BRIGHT and pure (Module 5)
- A fun swatching exercise that will open your eyes to a world of mixing possibilities (Module 6)
- How to accurately MATCH colors and make MORE of a color you love (Module 7)
You’ll know this method is for you if:
- You can’t wrap your head around “warm” and “cool” colors (especially blues!)
- You make lots of “mud” when you paint
- You’re a hesitant painter who never knows which colors to use
- You can follow tutorials, but painting on your own is difficult
- You’re intimidated by “color theory”
- You don’t know how to mix MORE of a color you already made
- You get frustrated when you mix greens and purples
- You need to go “back to basics” to get out of a creative rut
The Stop Making Mud™ method works for watercolors, gouache, acrylics, oils, and even pastels or colored pencils.
See what our students have made!
1 hour 26 minutes
Frequently Asked Questions
Video so good, it's better than being there in person.
With multiple camera angles and the ability to pause and rewind, our classes get you up close to the action so you don't miss a step.
You were made to create.
We believe anyone can be an artist... even if they never went to art school. The need to be creative is built right into our DNA, and sometimes it just takes the right medium and a little practice to light that creative fire!