🎨 Watercolor Week is June 5th-8th! LEARN MORE >>
Bold Gouache Florals
Do you love the look of bold, opaque florals, but don’t want to mess with oil paints? From proper brushstrokes to layering techniques, artist Drew Europeo shows you how to use gouache to create beautiful flowers and leaves with an organic shape, a velvety matte texture, and tons of depth!
Please Note: This class was included in the Watercolor Summit 2.0: Gouache Edition.
Explore the beautiful medium of gouache with Philippines-based artist Drew Europeo! Drew will share her secrets to achieve a painterly botanical style that looks like it was created with oil paints — but with the ease and practicality of gouache! Together you’ll walk through a class project to create a gorgeous, velvety peony.
- MODULES 1-2: Introduction & Supplies
- MODULE 3: Prepping Paper and Choosing a Reference Photo
- MODULE 4: Paint Consistency and Brush Marking Techniques
- MODULE 5: Color Mixing and Planning
- MODULE 6: Flower Form Build-up and Simplification
- MODULE 7: Flower Highlights and Shadows
- MODULE 8: Basic Forms of Leaves
- MODULE 9: Leaves Highlights and Shadows
- MODULE 10: Final Details
- MODULE 11: Conclusion
See what our students have made!
Frequently Asked Questions
Video so good, it's better than being there in person.
With multiple camera angles and the ability to pause and rewind, our classes get you up close to the action so you don't miss a step.
You were made to create.
We believe anyone can be an artist... even if they never went to art school. The need to be creative is built right into our DNA, and sometimes it just takes the right medium and a little practice to light that creative fire!