Explore the beautiful medium of gouache with Philippines-based artist Drew Europeo! Drew will share her secrets to achieve a painterly botanical style that looks like it was created with oil paints — but with the ease and practicality of gouache! Together you’ll walk through a class project to create a gorgeous, velvety peony.
- MODULES 1-2: Introduction & Supplies
- MODULE 3: Prepping Paper and Choosing a Reference Photo
- MODULE 4: Paint Consistency and Brush Marking Techniques
- MODULE 5: Color Mixing and Planning
- MODULE 6: Flower Form Build-up and Simplification
- MODULE 7: Flower Highlights and Shadows
- MODULE 8: Basic Forms of Leaves
- MODULE 9: Leaves Highlights and Shadows
- MODULE 10: Final Details
- MODULE 11: Conclusion
See what our students have made!